The Standard Corpus of Present Day English Language Usage arranged by word length and alphabetized within word length

Rearrangement, Drawing Book


detail - Rearrangement, drawing book

Rearrangement


detail



detail

The other day I went to an art supply store to buy a sketch book. I didn't feel comfortable with what I saw - everything was so... neat and impersonal. Who sketches anyways? Why don't they call them idea books, or thinkin' papers. Sketchin' reminds me of that red and gray Etch-a-sketch box given to me as a child years ago. So, I went home and poured a glass of wine and took out Gerald Ferguson's Standard Corpus of English Usage...

 I used it as a conceptual door stop for years.

 Not anymore.

Steven Rhude, Wolfville, NS

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Passing through Dildo and toponyms to remember

The Saving of Everett Lewis

What really happened in Marshalltown?