Lost Drawings Series

Lost Drawings,  Steven Rhude 

Years ago while travelling from Rome back to Florence, Italy, I inadvertently left a precious (to me) drawing book on the seat of a late night train. It was filled with drawings of city and rural landscape, people and figurative observations, architectural features and studies of museum paintings and sculptures.


Lost Drawings #2, Steven Rhude

I understand drawing is not a lost art form. However, in an era of post modernism, I now realise I had lost not just a compilation of drawings, but a synopsis of a period of academic training which has periodically been questioned by the art establishment.


Lost Drawings #3, Steven Rhude

Over the next few months I hope to recreate the kind of possible location or fate that my drawings in general may have been subject to in the form of hypothetical outcomes. Using photography, the possibilities are endless as I probe the satirical passing of my drawing in a digital age of instant imagery.

Steven Rhude, Wolfville, NS

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Passing through Dildo and toponyms to remember

The Saving of Everett Lewis

What really happened in Marshalltown?