Roxanne, Into the Blue Again

Roxanne, Into the Blue Again, oil on canvas, 36" x 24", Steven Rhude


I can honestly say any sense of who a typical Canadian is will continue to elude me - and so it should. I was born in Quebec, raised in Scarborough, and have lived in Nova Scotia for the last twenty seven years. My experience with Canadian culture (particularly through art)  tends to resonate more with me even though my ancestors settled in Nova Scotia. One could say our art mirrors our Canadianess -  our good and bad qualities, the ordinary and the exceptional. Art is what we turn to when we seek answers to  difficult questions regarding the Canadian narrative, and why it takes the form it has today.


Steven Rhude, Wolfville, Nova Scotia
   www.stevenrhudefineart.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Passing through Dildo and toponyms to remember

The Saving of Everett Lewis

What really happened in Marshalltown?