Recent Flower Still Lifes - Crossroads

  Crossroads have always intrigued me, both literally and figuratively. If I were to follow the idea that I’m living in a strange twilight between the tangible world I belong to and the painted world I create, I could metaphorically refer to this as some sort of "crossroads". I don't meditate, probably should, but I still on occasion murmer a prayer. However while doing these flower still life paintings I believe the elements that comprise them - light, the sea, atmosphere, wood, lead, cloth, plant and petals - are in their own way meditations on some of the things I find mysterious and yet calming, beautiful but indifferent.

Steven Rhude, Wolfville 

 

                                                     Orchid with Three Buoys, oil on canvas, 40" x 30", Steven Rhude

 

 

 
Iris and Adam, oil on canvas, 28" x 38", Steven Rhude 
 
 
 

 
Magnolia (Trio at Dusk), oil on canvas, 19" x 19", Steven Rhude

 


                                            Yellow Roses, Quartet, oil on canvas, 19" x 19", Steven Rhude


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Passing through Dildo and toponyms to remember

The Saving of Everett Lewis

What really happened in Marshalltown?