Seduction

                                          Work in progress, Outlier, Ochre Pit Cove, oil on canvas, 28" x 50", Steven Rhude
 


The composition of place runs through us with different expressions, but the same rule always applies - it knows no chronology in an individual's life. It can be a dream place or a literal place. Place became more defined for me as I aged, and it took on memorable names like Avalon. I routinely see it while running errands in New Minas, or cutting the grass at my Wolfville home. Standing in line at the local grocery store, or with the kids at the supper table. I saw it before I was ever there, and subsequently ever since my first visit to the peninsula. This is what seduction can do to you. It rearranges your understanding of place from literal to something more mythical - dreamlike.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Passing through Dildo and toponyms to remember

The Saving of Everett Lewis

What really happened in Marshalltown?